This man made his way to one of my Facebook groups: “Tea Party”. He posted there using his own account, and I checked him out. I like him. There may be other good Republican candidates, but fine, this is my guy. He got to where I am, and that means something.
People have asked me what are my qualifications to hold a Congressional office? In a half joking response I tell them two things. First, I am not an incumbent and secondly, I am not a lawyer. I received my engineering degree from the University of Florida in 1969 and came to Long Beach in April, 1969 to start work at McDonnell Douglas Corporation. Like most engineers, I have made a major career change. For the past 17 years I have been self-employed as a business author and professional speaker.
There’s a lot to like here. Not only do I like his “Likes”, his friends, his groups, his interests, and so forth — all the Facebook metadata I could get to — but I also like his platform.
- A Flat Rate Income Tax between 15 to 17% with a large standard deduction indexed to inflation. Our current tax code does not encourage saving, investment and wealth creation.
- Complete elimination of the Death Tax (Inheritance Tax). It’s your (already taxed) money—keep it.
- Education doesn’t need more money—it needs more competition. I strongly support Vouchers. Let parents or guardians decide where to send their kids to school (public or private).
- Increased Domestic Oil Production utilizing the latest safety technology, to lessen our dependence on foreign oil and make us more secure. Our GOAL as a country should be to make OPEC irrelevant.
- Term Limits on U.S. Senators and Congressmen. I believe in the citizen politician not the professional career politician.
That’s straight from his promo site, linked above. What’s not to like? A candidate who reaches out through Facebook to a group called Tea Party is my kind of guy. Just to be surem, though, I did my due diligence and checked him out for abooouut fifteen minutes. Which is more than most things get these days.
I support Sanford Khan for the California 47, as an exemplary Tea Party candidate, and in accordance with the Tea Party Strategy 2012:
- Build Majorities where we are weak
- Punish RINOs where we are strong
- Reward Conservatives every chance
- Prevent Democrat victories, even against RINOs
- Except for item (2)above